Hosting an event at the Harvard Museum of Natural History is an opportunity for private groups and organizations to experience the museum at a time when it is not open to the public. Whether entertaining clients and colleagues with an intimate dinner or hosting large galas or weddings, let museum’s exhibitions provide the perfect backdrop for your event. View this short video tour of the museum.
Receptions and Dinners
Event rentals include full access to special exhibitions and galleries, including the Glass Flowers gallery and zoological and mineralogical galleries. The museum can accommodate up to 400 guests for receptions and up to 225 guests for seated dinners. Events can take place between 6:00 pm and 11:30 pm.
Rental prices range depending on the number of guests and the nature of the event. For events that fall outside of the pricing chart please call for a quote.
|Standing||fewer than 50||up to 100||100 plus|
|Seating||n/a||up to 75||75 plus|
|$500 internal Harvard discount at all levels|
- For the safety of the museum's collections dancing is not permitted.
- All proposed wording of notices, invitations, and/or press releases, as well as images, in relation with the event must be provided to and approved by the museum prior to printing and circulation.
- The use of audio or visual equipment, lighting, media and photography, and vendors must be approved by the museum. All photography within the museum is for private use only and may not be published or displayed publicly without explicit permission from the museum.
- The Museum Shop is open during evening events. We are happy to assist with corporate gift options for your guests.
- Nearby access to university lecture halls ranging in capacity from 50 – 300 people.