Open daily from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day, December 24, December 25, and January 1
General admission gives access to all exhibits including the internationally acclaimed Glass Flowers Gallery. The museum is connected to the Peabody Museum, and admission to one museum admits you to both during regular hours.
Seniors (65+): $13.00
Youth ages 3–18: $10.00
Youth under 3: Free
Free for members
Special Free Admission (with valid ID)
Free to Massachusetts residents every Sunday morning (year-round) from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (September through May). Proof of residency required. This offer is not available to commercial groups.
Free to Massachusetts Teachers (K-12).
Free to Massachusetts residents who present Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards at the admission desk with up to 5 guests.
ASTC Travel Passport Program
National Endowment for the Arts Blue Star Museums Program
Free to active duty military with their families in collaboration with the National Endowment for the Arts Blue Star Museums Program. Year-round free admission is offered to the Peabody Museum and Harvard Museum of Natural History using the Blue Star Museums guidelines.
Discounted Admission (with valid ID)
Library patrons can reserve discount passes through their local, Massachusetts-based, library to visit our museums! Library pass admission includes entry to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, the Peabody Museum of Archaeology & Ethnology, the Harvard Museum of the Ancient Near East, and the Collection of Historical Scientific Instruments. Read about our “Know, Show, Go” policies, reserve your timed ticket, and please be prepared to show proof of Massachusetts residency.
Are you a library looking to offer passes to your patrons? Learn more about our Library Membership Program.
Save With CityPASS
Spend less, Experience more! Save 47% on admission to top Boston’s top 4 attractions, including Harvard Museum of Natural History. Visit the attractions at your own pace, in any order, over a 9-day period. CityPASS guests require advance reservations. Purchase CityPASS online for immediate, paperless mobile ticket delivery.
Advance reservations are required. Learn about admission rates and registration information for group visits and prepaid museum passes for educational institutions.
Enjoy your visit, and please help us keep the museum safe and comfortable for other visitors.
- No eating or drinking in the galleries
- Our passages are narrow; keep them accessible for other visitors.
- Do not lean on glass cases; they are fragile.
- Cell phones are permitted for phone calls in the ground and third floor lobbies.
- Personal photography is allowed; however, the use of flash and tripods is not permitted in the galleries. Commercial photography or video cameras are not permitted without written permission. Information on photography and videography requests for commercial use can be found here.
- Drawing is encouraged in the galleries, but the use of clay, paints, pastels, and chalk is not permitted. Please do not block passageways; keep them accessible to other visitors.
Explore the galleries of the Harvard Museum of Natural History, Peabody Museum, Harvard Museum of the Ancient Near East, and the Collection of Historical Scientific Instruments. All four Harvard Museums of Science & Culture are within a five-minute walk.